英语爱好者
行业英语
本栏目分期向读者介绍行业英语的相关知识,旨在帮助从事不同职业的人士提高英语水平,从而在奥运会期间更好地为外国友人服务。本期话题为商业服务业。
日常交际对话
It’s cold today!
A:Hi!
A:你好!
B:Hi!
B:你好!
A:It’s cold today.
A:今天天真冷!
B:Yes, it is. Yesterday was better.
It was nice and sunny.
B:是的。昨天好一些,昨天天气晴朗,阳
光灿烂。
A:Maybe tomorrow is going to be OK,
I think.
A:我想也许明天天气会好的。
What’s the weather like?
A:Hi!
A:你好!
B:Hi!
B:你好
A:Where are you from?
A:你来自哪里?
B:I’m from London.
B:我来自伦敦。
A:What’s the weather like in London?
A:伦敦天气怎么样?
B:It rains a lot there, but we also get
good weather.
B:那里经常下雨,但是也有好天气。
A:I see. Beijing is very hot in summer, I
like spring better.
A:我知道了。北京的夏天非常炎热,我更喜欢春天。
B:Me, too.
B:我也喜欢春天。
注释:表示天气的形容词
sunny 晴朗的 cloudy 阴天的
rainy 下雨的 snowy 下雪的
windy 刮风的 foggy 有雾的
情景对话(在商店购物)
Dialogue1
Mr. White:Hi! Can I try that shirt on?
怀特先生:您好!我能试一下那件衬衣吗?
Saleswoman:Sure. The mirror is over there.
女售货员:当然可以。镜子在那边。
Mr. White: It’s a little bit tight.
怀特先生:这件有点紧。
Saleswoman:That is the small size. We also have medium size and large size.
女售货员:那是小号。我们还有中号和大
号的。
Mr. White:I don’t think the black one suits me well.
怀特先生:我觉得这件黑色的不怎么适合我。
Saleswoman:Would you like to try on a white one? You may look better in white.
女售货员:您想试一下白色的吗?您穿白色的也许会更好。
Mr. White:I think you are right. I’ll take a white one.
怀特先生:我想你说的对。我要件白色的。
Dialogue 2
Customer:Excuse me, can you show me this handbag?
顾客:劳驾,可以给我看一下这个手提包吗?
Shop assistant:OK. Here you are.
售货员:行。给您。
Customer:Thanks. How much is it?
顾客:谢谢。多少钱?
Shop assistant:It’s one hundred and fifteen yuan. It’s made of leather.
售货员:115元。它是皮的。
Customer:How about the green one?
顾客:这个绿色的呢?
Shop assistant:It’s one hundred yuan.
售货员:这个100元。
Customer:OK. I’ll buy the green one.
顾客:好,我买这个绿色的。
Shop assistant:Anything else, madam?
售货员:还要点别的吗,夫人?
Customer:No, thank you.
顾客:不,谢谢你。
Shop assistant:You are welcome.
售货员:不客气。
注释:
1.You may look better in white.
您穿白色的也许更好。
“in”后面接一个表示颜色的词意思为
“穿着某种颜色的衣服”。如:
a woman in red:一个穿红衣的女人
the boy in blue:那个穿蓝衣的男孩
2.It’s made of leather.它是皮的。
“be made of”表示“由……制成的”。如:
The table is made of wood.
这张桌子是木制的。